Note: this model is the new, improved version of Fluke’s older multifunction testers, the 1651B and 1652C.
Faster, smarter and with even more features included compared to Fluke’s highly popular 1651B and 1652C multifunction testers, the Fluke 1662 includes everything you need for basic testing of electrical installations in domestic, commercial and industrial applications, as well as testing fixed wiring is safe and correctly installed in accordance with the requirements of IEC 60364 and relevant local standards.
This is Fluke’s entry-level installation tester and is ideally suited for new and training electrical installers, or for installers looking for a reliable unit which does all of the basic testing procedures you need.
What’s In the Kit?
This bundle pack includes:
- Fluke 1662 Multifunction Electrical Installation Tester
- 6 x AA (IEC LR6) Cell Batteries
- Fluke C1600 Hard Carrying Case
- Standard Test Lead Set with Test Probes, Alligator Clips and Probe Caps (GS38)
- Quick Reference Guide
- Padded Fluke-Branded Carrying Strap
- Fluke Zero Adapter
New Model, New Features
As the upgraded version of Fluke’s older multifunction electrical installations testers, the Fluke 1662 MFT includes a selection of brand new features which weren’t found on the older models.
It’ll also still do a wide variety of the standard measurements you would expect from a multifunction tester (see below for further information).
The new features of the Fluke 1662 multifunction tester are:
- RCD tripping current level ramp tests
- RCD auto tests and ramp tests
- Pulsating DC sensitive RCD tests (G and S type)
- Remote probe for easier test activation
- On/off switchable auto start for RCD and loop testing
- A heavy duty, single input line cord
Measurements Made Easy
The Fluke 1662 multifunction tester is designed from the ground-up to give electrical installers quick, easy access to all the testing procedures you’ll need for basic electrical installation testing in a wide variety of environments.
A simple rotary dial on the right side of the unit allows you to quickly change between different testing procedures, with all results shown on the large-size LCD screen built into the centre of the multifunction tester.
For ease of use, Fluke MFTs can be used in a wide variety of postions. Whether it’s balanced on the floor next to you, on a ladder rung or hung around your neck on the included strap, you’ll have easy access to your tester whenever and wherever you need it.
This multifunction tester includes all of the following testing procedures:
- True RMS AC and DC Voltage Measurements – perform voltage measurements accurately up to 500V. True RMS ensures that all AC measurements are as accurate as possible, even when testing unusual electrical loads
- Continuity and Resistance Measurements – with automatic polarity swap and integrated continuity beeper
- Wiring Polarity Checker – easily check if wiring polarity is as it should be and make adjustments as needed
- Insulation Resistance Testing – range of up to 1000MΩ with selectable test voltages of 100, 250, 500 and 1000V
- Loop and Line Resistance Measurements – with no trip and high current trip modes included
- Prospective Current Measurements – includes prospective earth fault current (PEFC/IK) and prospective short circuit current (PSC/IK) modes
- RCD Testing – includes multiple modes: RCD tripping time, tripping level (ramp test), automatic RCD sequence and RCD variable current
- Phase Sequence Indicator – detects and displays the direction of phase on the built-in display
Activate Your Tests Remotely with the Included Remote Probe
Fluke understands that accessing your MFT sometimes just isn’t possible when you’re working on a tricky electrical installation.
With the included TP165X Remote Control Probe, you can configure your testing procedure before you get into a difficult position and then activate the test when you’re ready by pressing the button on the probe.
A simple, quick and convenient method designed to speed up your testing and help you to work smarter.
Fluke 1662 Multifunction Tester Key Features
- The new and improved version of Fluke’s 1651 and 1652 multifunction testers
- Suitable for use with domestic, commercial and industrial electrical installations
- NEW – RCD tripping current level ramp tests, RCD auto tests and pulsating DC-sensitive RCD tests (G/S type)
- AC/DC voltage measurements (true RMS for AC)
- Frequency measurements
- Wiring polarity checker (detects broken PE and N wires)
- Insulation resistance measurements
- Continuity/resistance measurements
- Loop/line resistance measurements
- Prospective earth fault current (PEFC/IK)
- Prospective short-circuit current (PSC/IK)
- Phase sequence test
- RCD variable test current
- On/off switchable autostart for RCD and loop tests
- Integrated self-test to ensure ongoing accuracy
- Backlit illuminated display for easier use in different lighting conditions
- Download saved results to a PC via the IR-USB port and using Fluke’s DMS or INST (version 1.6 or higher) Software
Upgrade to the Fluke 1663 or the Fluke 1664FC Multifunction Tester
Want even more from your new mulifunction tester? Consider upgrading to Fluke’s 1663 and 1664FC, upgraded version of the 1662 which include even more features than you’ll find on this entry-level unit.
- Fluke 1663 – includes several new features such as earth resistance, ability to test DC-sensitive RCDs, Z max memory and the ability to store results in internal memory
- Fluke 1664FC – the most powerful model in the series. Includes the ability to wirelessly interface with your smartphone or tablet plus intuitive new measurement modes such as automatic insulation testing and insulation safety pre-tests
Take a look at the table below for a more comprehensive breakdown of the capabilities of each model in the series.
|Measurement Function||Fluke 1662 Multifunction Tester
More Info >>
|Fluke 1663 Multifunction Tester
More Info >>
|Fluke 1664FC Multifunction Tester
More Info >>
|Insulation-PreTest Safety Function NEW||–||–||√|
|Insulation at L-N, L-PE and N-PE inputs NEW||–||–||√|
|Auto Test Sequence NEW||–||–||√|
|Loop and Line Resistance with mΩ Resolution||–||–||√|
|Continuity at L-N, P-PE and N-PE Inputs NEW||–||√||√|
|Test Smooth, DC-Sensitive RCDs (Type B/B+)||–||√||√|
|Voltage TRMS (AC/DC) and Frequency||√||√||√|
|Wiring Polarity Checker (Detects Broken PE and N Wires)||√||√||√|
|Continuity and Resistance||√||√||√|
|Measure Motor Windings with Continuity Test (@10mA)||√||√||√|
|Prospective Earth Fault Current (PEFC/IK)||√||√||√|
|Prospective Short-Circuit Current (PSC/IK)||√||√||√|
|RCD Trip Time||√||√||√|
|RCD Trip Current (Ramp Test)||√||√||√|
|Measure Trip Time/Current for RCD type A/AC in One Test||√||√||√|
|RCD Variable Test Current||√||√||√|
|Automatic RCD Test Sequence||√||√||√|
|Phase Sequence Test||√||√||√|
|Fluke Connect Compatibility NEW||–||–||√|
|ShareLive Calling NEW||–||–||√|
|Fluke Cloud Storage NEW||–||–||√|
|On/Off Switchable Auto Start for RCD and Loop Tests||√||√||√|
|Z Max Memory NEW||–||√||√|
|IR-USB and BLE Interface (use with optional Fluke DMS software and/or FVF)||IR-USB||IR-USB||IR-USB/BLE|